Re: [wtp-dev] additional features in Neon.1?

I would think Neon.1 would be fine.  Will check with the rest of PMC.

Neil

On May 20, 2016, at 1:19 AM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

As I was going through the answers of http://stackoverflow.com/questions/239732/things-possible-in-intellij-that-arent-possible-in-eclipse , I noticed that an important topic to improve in Eclipse IDE is the HTML editor. It's good and works well, but it seems missing some sugar that would make users more productive with it. Mostly navigation and completion with CSS.
The HTML editor is extensible enough to easily provide such completion as extensions, without changing existing code. Actually, Angelo already implemented most of this features in https://github.com/angelozerr/eclipse-wtp-webresources , but I think we need them directly in WTP.
The question is: can we consider those additions for Neon.1? As they won't break nor produce any API and are only feature additions, it seems that it could fit in the scope of a .1 release.
If so, I will investigate whether we can migrate some parts of the wtp-webresources project (Angelo is totally ok with that, despite he probably won't be able to do it so it would be done by some other WTP contributor). However, before I start evaluation and maybe even planning this effort, I need to know how soon it can be delivered to end-users in best case. Neon.1 is the answer I'm hoping for ;)

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat