[wtp-dev] Content assist

Hi all,

I'm writing a plugin based on JSDT and I would like to know what are my options for content assist.

The issue is that the types are generated dynamically based on the user's environment. For instance, I cannot generate files and add them to the include path as it is done for system.js.

I tried the following extension points:

1. org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.inferrenceSupport

I extended InferEngine and in the doInfer I add the types (InferEngine.addType) to the current CompilationUnitDeclaration and then call super.doInfer. Since I don't want to see the types in the outline, I set them as anonymous.

This works for code completion, but not for text hover.

2. org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.JsGlobalScopeContainerInitializer

The include path seems to only accept JavaScript source files. So it's not possible to execute arbitrary code that add types.

I think I can use org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.javaCompletionProposalComputer and org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.javaEditorTextHovers, but it means I need to bring my own parser/type inference since I could not use CompilationUnit.codeComplete and SelectionEngine.select.

Before trying this, I would like to know if I missed something. If not, I would like to get your suggestions.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Mathieu Larose

Back to the top