FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Releng project lead

Inactive hide details for Mickael Istria ---04/15/2016 09:51:57 AM---And there is the proposed change to add SWTBot:  https://gMickael Istria ---04/15/2016 09:51:57 AM---And there is the proposed change to add SWTBot: https://git.eclipse.org/r/70759

From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/15/2016 09:51 AM
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] SWTBot and/or RCPTT for WTP testing
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

And there is the proposed change to add SWTBot: https://git.eclipse.org/r/70759
A recommendation for SWTBot: SWTBot tests require UI but mustn't run in the UI Thread. This is a bit different from usual UI Tests that do need to run in the UI Thread. So this will require a different setting in pom.xml to run those tests. Then, the simplest is to not mix execution of UI-Thread and SWTBot tests, by *creating test bundles dedicated to SWTBot tests*, and to tweak their pom.xml as described in
https://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/Automate_test_execution#On_a_plugin_project_project_with_Maven_and_Tycho

Cheers,

--
Mickael Istria