Re: [wtp-dev] About parsing and conversion times

On 04/07/2016 07:38 PM, Gorkem Ercan wrote:
Possible but I think it is a good idea to keep parser model and DOM model separate so that we still have options.
+a lot.
IMO, this is an important thing for JSDT sustainability to have its "business" DOM to implements features such as navigation, refactorings, debug linking on top of any parser.
Currently, Closure compiler seems by far the best, but will it last forever, will is support EcmaScript 2018, is it going to remain supported fully as OSS...? A critical piece such as the parser needs to be relatively easy to change without breaking any additional functionality. So the DOM still makes sense.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top