Re: [wtp-dev] My POC with texmate (for syntax coloration) and Eclipse Text Editor

Hey Angelo,

On 03/25/2016 11:27 AM, Angelo zerr wrote:
IMHO, I think Eclipse text editor should provide TextMate support for syntax coloration, because it exists a lot and lot of textmate grammar.
That seems quite interesting, and goes beyong WTP. It can be a pretty good way to set up decent editors for any language.
Would you be interested in contributing it to the org.eclipse.e4.ui repository. I believe you're already a committer there, and it would be mostly a matter of checking some IP consistency. I believe that making it available somewhere at Eclipse could really boost the adoption of that tool.
Then, when this code reaches a good maturity, we may be able to consider it as a "standalone" Eclipse.org project, or even to include it in Platform Text.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat