From:        "Victor V. Rubezhny" <vrubezhny@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        01/13/2016 12:57 PM
Subject:        Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT Sync call minutes [20160112]
Sent by:        wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1 from me too, but...

Yes, I've asked not to include any JUnit tests into the contribution. Otherwise I have had to open a number of additional CQs for those tests, while we are limited in time.

Any JUnit Tests which aren't bringing a licensing problems are welcomed and can be added at any time after the contribution is done.

There is a couple of little licensing problems regarding these tests:
1) any json file (like bower.json, for example) is to be written by a committer or a contributor (we must respect authors) - I think it's the smallest problem.
2) bower.json and package.json files specify dependencies for a project, but we have no our own projects in bower/npm repositories published under Eclipse Public License, so it's very problematic for us to reference any products (in these files) in our tests. At least I don't know a single existing _javascript_ library published under EPL in npm. The same problem is for Bower/NPM tools contributed by Ilya.

So, we CAN write some common JUnit tests for testing some functionality, like creating some json file, finding content assist proposals according to its JSON Schema, validating it against the schema, but we CANNOT use a json file to download any dependency into a test project or, for example, to show proposals of possible versions of some _javascript_ library (because it requires us to download it from outside of Eclipse's repositories) and/or request any info from bower or npm repositories.

As far as I understood, we have to open a CQ every time we need to use something "from outside" in case we're not sure that it's license allows us to do it from Eclipse.

Ilya has some JUnit tests for bower/npm tools - but those tests don't download anything afaik. So, if we have some tests which aren't using a content not authored by a contributor (Angelo or the other ones) or a committer - we CAN push such tests into Source Editing repo. Otherwise we have to open a CQ for every file or a library to be used and/or downloaded by JUnit test during its work.

In most cases there are no problems to open a CQ... It just takes to long to resolve sometimes.

Regards,
Victor