Re: [wtp-dev] Question about the planned JavaScript Debugger.

On 8 Jan 2016, at 12:19, Angelo zerr wrote:

Hi all,

I have several questions about your JavaScript Debugger:

* can we play with it? where can we find it?
Gerrit contribution is ongoing in
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/63817/

* is it able to debug node application?

Yes it is..

I'm very interested with this JavaScript Debugger (if it can support debug
of node application) to :

* add a tern debugger to debug tern plugin inside tern.java. Today it's
possible to debug tern plugins with MyEclipse JavaScript Debugger &
Nodeclipse JavaSCript Debugger. I would liek to support your debugger too.

I think those are also based on the Google's chromedevtools plugin, so it will probably
not going to be a big effort for you.

* try to debug AngularJS Protractor tests with your debugger (I have more and more people who wish run/debug protractor tests). I have played with
MyEclipse JavaScript Debugger and I can debug protractor but conf is a
little complex. I would like to give you ideas to easy the conf of
protractor.

The initial contribution comes with a generic launch configuration but we do plan to add more specific (and easier) launch different JS applications
so your input is welcome.

Many thanks for your answer.

Have a nice WE

Regard's Angelo