Re: [wtp-dev] Eclipse IDE for Web, not J2EE, Devs

On 24 Nov 2015, at 11:08, Doug Schaefer wrote:

Hey gang,

I just wanted to throw this out there and see if people have an opinion. As part of some non IDE work I’m doing, I’m building a web service. We’re using vert.x Java as a REST server and plain Java for our microservices and React.js as a front end. At one point we were using Angular 1.x and if Angular 2.x had released, we would have considered that.

I was wondering how common a use case that is. I loved using Eclipse to build it but part of why I’m poking around here (aside from my JavaScript/QML interest) is seeing how we could improve the front end development side of my service (and thus my interest in JSX). I think we have a great opportunity to help developers building similar systems.

Also, as we start to put together an Eclipse Package for Android development using Andmore as it’s base, I wonder if it would be interesting to provide an EPP for the Web developer who’s not doing J2EE. We used to have the JavaScript package that was pretty close to that.

Anyway, just trying to get a sense of how popular these things are and whether you think they’d be good for the community.

+1 Eclipse needs to grow on the non-jee web development

I would love to see an "Eclipse for Node.js Developers" package.

Thanks,
Doug.