[wtp-dev] On merging webtools.sourceediting and webtools.sourceediting.tests repositories

Hi All,

On the work on merging webtools.sourceediting and webtools.sourceediting.tests repositories...

I've got the working configuration for build and JUnit testing on test merged repository provided by Alina. It required me to cherry pick few fixes (thanks to Nitin) from the latest master branches in order to make it into some buildable/testable state, but now you I can build webtools.sourceediting plug-ins and features as well as site and run JUnit tests (which pass successfully) from the merged repository.

You may find this work in merge.tests branch of https://github.com/vrubezhny/merged.webtools.sourceediting repository on GitHub.com:

https://github.com/vrubezhny/merged.webtools.sourceediting/tree/merge.tests

(Please don't forget to switch into 'merge.tests' branch)

Please, note that this repository branch cannot be used (just pushed into) the master branch of sourceediting, because it's done a month ago for training and testing purposes, so it doesn't contain some of the latest changes from webtools.sourceediting/webtools.sourceediting.tests master branches. But we can reproduce the same steps (we've used to make it) in order to perform the merging and maven projects setup on real working webtools.sourceediting repository.

Also I have a question to the sourceediting tests committers and CBI Build team: For most of sourceediting tests projects there is jar production is defined in build.property files which produces the following jars in tests repo:

    tests/org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.tests/jspcoretests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.jst.jsp.tests.encoding/jspencodingtests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.jst.jsp.ui.tests/jspuitests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.css.core.tests/csscoretests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.css.tests.encoding/cssencodingtests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.css.ui.tests/cssuitests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.dtd.core.tests/dtdcoretests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui.tests/dtduitests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.html.core.tests/htmlcoretests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.html.tests.encoding/htmlencodingtests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.html.ui.tests/htmluitests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.tests/ssemodeltests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.tests/sseeditortests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xml.catalog.tests/catalogtests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.tests/ssemodelxmltests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xml.tests.encoding/tests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.tests/xmluitests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xml.validation.tests/validatexmltests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xsd.core.tests/xsdcoretests.jar
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui.tests/xsduitests.jar
tests/org.eclipse.wst.xsd.validation.tests/testresources/generatedResults/
    tests/org.eclipse.wst.xsd.validation.tests/validatexsdtests.jar

as well as some other test result files and folders.
So, the question is: do we really need these jars or I can remove their production from build.properties files?

Thanks in advance,
Victor Rubezhny,
JSDT

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and files attached to it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that using, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete this email.

Back to the top