Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT meeting agenda 20151103

There are already two good parsers (acorn, esprima) for ESTree. I would like to change
the current Parser with one based on those and make the resulting AST retrievable through
an API. For instance libraries such as ESlint can actually operate on ESTree based AST
so that it can skip the parser. This is the approach that Orion is also taking.

Does tern.js allow us to fetch ESTree based AST to optimize?

I'm sorry Gorkem, I don't understand very well your question.

> I would like to change the current Parser

I suppose you mean JSDT Java Parser.

> Does tern.js allow us to fetch ESTree based AST to optimize?

You wish to use the AST of acorn in Java, is that? If it that, you can see https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.java/blob/master/eclipse/tern.eclipse/src/tern/eclipse/jface/text/TernTokenScanner.java which creates Eclispe Token for ES6 syntax (to highlight color with ES6). Th ebasic idea is to call a tern plugin (https://github.com/katspaugh/tj-mode) which returns JSONs with tokens to higlight. This tern plugin use acorn to parse the editor content.

I'm not sure that it was your question?

Regard's Angelo

Updated the agenda with minutes.