Re: [wtp-dev] Draft JSDT plan is now on Wiki

On 10/12/2015 06:48 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Yes, but that brings back my original point. If they don’t have node installed, it’s a pretty bad experience. And my poor Qt/QML users may not even know what node is.
You could show a nice helpful wizard to tell them about how to install node when necessary, that would take their OS into account to give detailed instructions.
Maybe even such a wizard guiding them in the installation of node could be part of JSDT. Not sure about that IP-wise (ie is an Eclipse product allowed to promote installation of a 3rd party lib which is a pre-req?)
I think it would be cool to package up tern.java into a bundle that runs on Nashorn that we can start working with and see if we can extend it for QML. I’ll see if I can spring some cycles to help with that if it hasn’t already been done.
See https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.java/issues/33#issuecomment-66038543 for some known limitations.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat