Re: [wtp-dev] Requesting community feedback for changes to the New Server Wizard

On 25 Aug 2015, at 21:00, Steven Hung wrote:

10. How is vendor/category determined for downloadable adapters?

The vendor/category is taken from the metadata retrieved from querying for the server adapter. For point #5, I have pasted an example of a query where we get the feature provider (in that case, it is Oracle). That is used as the vendor/category.

That will only be an approximation; we use different categories when actually installed.

Not sure there are some better alternative, but just want to make sure it would be good to include the category info in the planned metadata extension.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top