Re: [wtp-dev] JSON Editor contribution

On 6 Jul 2015, at 1:39, Doug Schaefer wrote:

The dependency on SSE is an issue. I guess I don¹t know enough about it to
appreciate it. Could someone explain what it gives you?

For one that we can get it now not later, second that we can use existing apis/infrastructure.

/max

I¹m also starting up a project to make it easier to add languages to
Eclipse. No promises of when that will land so I¹m not going to offer that
as an alternative at this time. But I would certainly consider doing a
JSON editor with it.

Doug.

On 2015-07-05, 5:02 PM, "wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Gorkem Ercan" <wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of gorkem.ercan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 5 Jul 2015, at 17:11, Kaloyan Raev wrote:

Hi,

Let me chime in with my wishes :-)

It would be really great to have JSON editor developed and maintained
under
Eclipse Foundation. My use case is around Composer. Composer is a
dependency manager for PHP - very similar to what Bower is for
JavaScript.
The configuration file is called composer.json. So, a JSON editor
would be
helpful for editing the composer.json file as a source file. It would
be
great if I can extend the JSON editor with code completion specific
for
Composer.

The main difference with Bower is that Composer is a pure PHP
technology
with no relationship to JavaScript. Therefore, it would be great if
the
JSON editor has no dependency to the rest of JSDT and is available as
separate Eclipse feature.

JSON editor contribution only has SSE dependency. There are no JSDT
dependencies. I agree that
we should not introduce JSDT (or any other similar) dependency to it and
I do not think we need to.

Because we want to have bower and npm etc. have better support on JSDT I
think can have a dependency
to JSON editor.

It would be great also if the JSON editor is designed for embedding in
multi-tab editors.

Greetings,
Kaloyan

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Angelo zerr <angelo.zerr@xxxxxxxxx>