Re: [wtp-dev] New & learning about JSDT

Welcome Gloria!

As Mickael already suggested, https://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Development is the first read for JSDT.
Source code can be obtained from git by cloning from git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jsdt/webtools.jsdt, but I'd suggest you to clone the whole WTP project recursively by running:

git clone --recursive http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/webtools/webtools.releng.aggregator.git

webtools.jsdt project will be inside the project structure.

The main source for the bugs/issues is Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/describecomponents.cgi?product=JSDT
If you want to fix an issue that is not reported in BugZilla feel free to open a new one.

And, also as Mickael said, a good point to start improving the JSDT project is Sonar issues: https://dev.eclipse.org/sonar/drilldown/issues/org.eclipse.webtools.jsdt:jsdt-parent?severity=CRITICAL

You may propose your fixed either by attaching a patch to the BugZilla issue or by pushing your fix into Gerrit (You should register and achieve ssh key to use it): https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/q/project:jsdt/webtools.jsdt .

Best Regards,
Victor Rubezhny,
JSDT