Re: [wtp-dev] New & learning about JSDT

On 05/06/2015 03:48 PM, Gloria Yadira Torrealba Melendez/Mexico/IBM wrote:

Hello, my name is Gloria Torrealba, currently a developer working at IBM on web tooling for a product that extends WTP.
My specific interest is in JSDT and I look forward to working with the wtp dev community in helping out with the JSDT project.

Hello Gloria,
Glad to here your plans!

I am starting to learn more about this project and would welcome any pointer/guidance to get me up to speed.

As a very basic way to get started with JSDT source code and contribution process, I suggest you to read https://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Development , and then look at the SonarQube reports for JSDT (mainly the critical issues in https://dev.eclipse.org/sonar/drilldown/issues/org.eclipse.webtools.jsdt:jsdt-parent?severity=CRITICAL ), and submit patches via Gerrit to fix some of the reported code issues. Feel free to pick the ones that you think are the more important to you.
Share all your ideas on how to improve JSDT via several bugzilla tickets, and further discussions on those tickets should drive to concrete things to change in code.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat