Re: [wtp-dev] The Bower IDE contribution

Mickael,

I am refereeing to restrictions imposed by Eclipse Development Process (EDP) rather than technical issues. Note that I am not saying these issues are insurmountable, but I’ve seen enough red flags in this thread that I thought I should speak up. Keep the following in mind…

1. The “incubating” term has special meaning per EDP. A mature project cannot have incubating code in its source repository. That doesn’t mean that you couldn’t use a different term… alpha, beta, etc.

2. If this code is merged into JSDT source repo, it and all of its dependencies must be able to pass the IP review before JSDT 3.7 can release. The IP review covers the entire source repo, even if a certain piece isn’t being released.

3. Only a project can have releases. There is no formal notion of a component and you cannot have informal components making releases, so no Bower IDE 0.1 release, for instance. That doesn’t mean that you couldn’t exclude some functionality that’s in the source repo from a JSDT release or deliver different pieces of a JSDT release in different p2 repositories.

Hope this helps.

- Konstantin