Re: [wtp-dev] [JSDT] Contributing to the creation of a node.js / bower / npm tooling for Eclipse

Hi Stephane!

We've looked at the code you provided at https://github.com/sbegaudeau/webtools.jsdt

We'd like you to contribute your projects into JSDT on one by one basic. To do that we need to split the code into a number of projects that don't depend on each other.

For example, o.e.w.jsdt.bower.core has a dependency to o.e.w.jsdt.nodejs.core because of using Semantic Versioning classes that are defined in nodejs.core. If it's possible to replace those SemVer classes with the ones defined in jsemver project (See: https://github.com/zafarkhaja/jsemver) - we would never need to have that dependency from bower to nodejs.
[Note: JSemVer is not in JSDT Target Platform at the moment, but probably we're able to force the inclusion of it into Orbit bundle.]

We've found some external libraries that are used in your project that aren't included into JSDT or WTP Target Platform, as such we have to remove/replace them with some existing other libraries or force the adding of them into the TP for JSDT or WTP:

- org.eclipse.xtend.lib
- org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib
- org.eclipse.jgit

We're going to investigate on possibility to include these libraries into the JSDT or WTP Target platform.

Once the project is split into the independent pieces and the listed required libraries are added into the JSDT/WTP TP you can initiate contributing your projects to JSDT one by one. I think this way is much simpler than trying to contribute it by one piece.

Thanks,
Victor Rubezhny