Re: [wtp-dev] Reminder: WTP status and Luna feedback meeting today

Hi,

I don't think I'll attend this meeting, but I see an item about which one I'd like to share some thoughts:

"Keeping the plugin/feature version ids synchronized with the pom.xml": If you go for a systematic usage of Gerrit (even for committers) and that there are Jenkins jobs to run reliable build+tests on every change, then you can detect this kind of issue before actually merging them in the main repository, and when pom and manifest are not in sync, you receive a mail from Gerrit with the -1 from Jenkins, so you know you have to update your commit before merging it.
In general, pre-merge automated build is a very good way to spot issues early. I would recommend everyone, including committers, to use Gerrit when it provides automated validation. It's IMO much better that setting up scripts to magically update pom files.

My 2c.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat