[wtp-dev] [Tomcat-WTP-Hotswap] Why clean up server every time even there is only one resource file change?

Hi, Team,

I’m using Kepler-SR2 and using WTP-3.5.2 to work on a J2EE project.

My problem is:

After started server, I change one js file, save it.

After “publishing to server…”, I notice “workspace\sample-js-issue\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\work\Catalina\localhost” is cleaned up.

You know all JSP compiled classes and tag files there.

That means if I change any resources, WTP tomcat plugin will clean up those files, when I access page again, will regenerate them again.

That’s time consuming task.

I went through “org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core” code.

Here is my finding:

TomcatServerBehaviour.publishServer(), this method will be triggered, and it will clean up server (include above “work” directory ).

But point is: why only js/css resources change, need to clean up “work” directory?

I added a patch to avoid run “publishServer”, it won’t remove “work” folder anymore.

And tried different hotswap features, it works fine.

So want to double confirm with you guys, is there any special reasons to run “publishServer” everytime?

Regards

Simon

Back to the top