Re: [wtp-dev] Building JSDT in Eclipse

On 06/06/2014 09:47 AM, Pieter Peeters wrote:
I would not have expected this error since the default JDK compliance level in my workspace is 1.7, but this is how it is currently set up in the eclipse project, as 1.4. Am I using the correct project file? I used this project location: webtools.jsdt\bundles\org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui
As you can see in https://git.eclipse.org/c/jsdt/webtools.jsdt.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF#n133 and https://git.eclipse.org/c/jsdt/webtools.jsdt.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui/.classpath#n5, the project is actually targeting 1.6.
However, there is still a preference that references 1.4: https://git.eclipse.org/c/jsdt/webtools.jsdt.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs#n390

I guess you can simply override this preference to 1.4, or even let JDT use compliance compiled from JRE in classpath.

Fixing this preference could be a first good commit to push to Gerrit.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top