Re: [wtp-dev] Anyone going to EclipseCon ?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
BTW, for the record, JSDT is critical for Node.js and Qt as well. Cordova is just another one of these.

I don’t think there’s much benefit to moving them. As long as the rules put in place by the WTP PMC don’t prevent us or make it hard to do what we need to do.

And Desktop is definitely a thing anymore. You’re likely typing at one right now. And you’re running your JSDT on one. ;). They’re just reverting back to their roots when Workstations were king for content creators and engineers.

Yeap, guilty on running a desktop. I do not think this should be further discussed without beer though :)

Doug.

From: Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.ercan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM
To: "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Anyone going to EclipseCon ?

Inlined..

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I’m OK with Tools, since I’m on the PMC there :). Maybe we need to move the HTML, CSS, and _javascript_ tooling there too so that it can be reused in non-Web stacks (thinking out of the box that is)? Either way, we need to involve the WTP at some level.

I do not think project dependencies should be a big factor on selecting top level project. but I agree the progress of JSDT is crucial for the Hybrid Mobile tools so WTP needs to be involved.

What do you think the benefits of moving JSDT and SSE out of WTP would be?

BTW, I find it hard to think of Mobile as a thing anymore. The programming technologies we’re running there are almost all taken from the desktop, including HTML5 and friends. I remember our old friend Doug Gaff mentioning at an early EclipseCon that this convergence was going to happen, and it certainly has.

Agreed but I think it is the other way around.. Desktop is not a thing anymore

Doug.