Re: [wtp-dev] [wtp-releng] Actions for JSDT Git repo refactoring?

Just an extra question before we do anything: Shouldn't we rather create a new "webtools.jsdt" repository to avoid confusion with previous "splitted" repositories? So webtools.jsdt.* would remain the old splitted repositories, and webtools.jsdt would start for the new merged repo.

So the choice is between:
. "Keep-Old/Merge in .core"
.. Benefit: no extra repository
.. Drawback: It doesn't make clear that .core is the only active repository and that .debug and .tests are inactive
. "Keep-Old/Create-New"
.. Benefit: We can make clear that all webtools.jsdt.* are no more active and that only webtools.jsdt is
.. Drawback: One new repo

FWIW, I favor the Keep-Old/Create-New.

As there is a JSDT meeting later today, it would be nice if you could discuss it between JSDT committers and decide which one of this approach fits better for JSDT.
If you go for "Keep-Old/Create-New" then I think the very next step will be that project lead (Chris) immediatly open a bug to webmaster asking for creation of this repository. Once it available, a committer can push the branch https://github.com/mickaelistria/webtools.jsdt.core/tree/424210-master as master to the new repositories.
And if you go for "Keep-Old/Merge in .core", then a committer can already push the branch https://github.com/mickaelistria/webtools.jsdt.core/tree/424210-master into webtools.jsdt.core master.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria