Re: [wtp-dev] WTP Build issue

On 01/07/2014 03:12 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
As I mentioned on a bug somewhere, map files were necessary when it was heavy weight to create branches. With git, branches are almost free. Most projects I work on create topic branches for commits they don't want in a build yet and then merge them to master when they're ready. No need to have a manual mechanism to do that.
The current/legacy build process still uses map files to build all WebTools components. Map files define which tag should be used for each component. Until WebTools is completely moved to CBI there is still need to maintain those map files.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top