Re: [wtp-dev] JavaScript Editor with NJSDoc

On 24/04/2013 7:56 AM, John Peberdy wrote:

Earlier this month I made this fork of JSDT available. While working on this my goal was to have it eventually merged back in. This is the reason it is currently using the same plugin names. I would be very happy if it did get merged in. I would like to gauge your interested in merging it.

John,

I hate to be the heavy, but I am duty-bound to point out that the Eclipse Foundation considers its namespace as a trademark[1]. Fundamentally, we want the org.eclipse package names to denote code that actually comes from Eclipse projects. Your continued use of the org.eclipse package names is in violation of our trademark policy.

It would be wonderful if your fork can be merged back into the JSDT mainline code development. However, if that is not possible, we would kindly ask that you modify your package names as soon as possible.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/logo_guidelines.php

Best regards,

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director,