Re: [wtp-dev] project-specific XSD resolution question

Hey Jesper!

The XSL tooling plugin uses a resolverExtension to accomplish something similar. You may be able to find pointers there.
IIRC, it is the core plugin. Mind you, they will be cases where you can't find a project, in case a resource is loaded directly from the file system, e.g. with File > Open

Firstofall, thanks for your answer and the pointer!!!
I looked into this in more detail. The problem for me seems to be:

In case an XML file is being parsed, I get the XML file from my workspace as IFile parameter into this method call:

URIResolverExtension.resolve(IFile file, String baseLocation, String publicId, String systemId);

That is great and I can identify the project this file comes from.
But if the XSD refers another XSD, the lookup of the corresponding project seems to fail in ExtensibleURIResolver:

public String resolve(String baseLocation, String publicId, String systemId)
	{
		String result = systemId;

		// compute the project that holds the resource
		//
    IFile file = computeFile(baseLocation);

because the baseLocation is now pointing to the location of the XSD - and that is inside my local Maven repo, for example (so not in my workspace). Therefore this lookup (computeFile) fails and I get no information for which project this lookup should happen.

Any idea how this could be solved?

Thanks for your help!
-Martin

-Jesper