Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT - what is the Javascript parser implemented with?

JSDT uses the same mechanism as JDT to generate the parser...

http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/core/howto/generate%20parser/generateParser.html

Thanks,
Chris

Inactive hide details for John Peberdy ---01/15/2013 06:19:20 PM---Hi,John Peberdy ---01/15/2013 06:19:20 PM---Hi,

    John Peberdy <john@xxxxxxxxxx>
    Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    01/15/2013 06:19 PM

    Please respond to
    "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

    [wtp-dev] JSDT - what is the _javascript_ parser implemented with?

Hi,

I'd like to add support to JSDT for _javascript_'s implicit semicolon insertion rules. In org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core I noticed there is a .g grammar file. As well there are .rsc files which seem to be serialized state of a parser generator.

Does anyone know which tool and version of it is used to generate these .rsc files from the .g file?

I checked VJET and it appears to at least have the same bugs as JSDT's editor in this regard so I'm assuming it doesn't have an improved parser.

Thanks
wtp-dev mailing list
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx