From: Jesper Steen Møller [mailto:jesper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 2:49 AM
To: SURAJ RAJYAGURU; General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Request : Joining Eclipse developer community

Hi Suraj

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM, SURAJ RAJYAGURU <suraj_rajyaguru@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am keen on being part of the Eclipse developer community and make contribution to Eclipse. Please let me know if there is a possiblity for the same.

This sounds great! First off, there's a general welcome page for contributors, which you'll want to read: http://www.eclipse.org/contribute/

I'm sure every project and component under the Web Tools (and likely, every Eclipse project) can use qualified help.
If you have a special interest in one of the sub-areas of WTP (web application support, XML/XSD work, etc.), you could start there by searching for open enhancement requests or bugs, using the Bugzilla system [1].

Another thing you can do is to review the plan for Kepler, the release coming in 2013 [2]. There you will find links to features being worked on.

Also, if you have an idea for a useful feature, please open an enhancement request in Bugzilla, and describe your idea, and the relevant committer will assist you.

-Jesper

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=WebTools&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=webtools

Back to the top