[wtp-dev] Is the Variables window controlled by Eclipse or directly by a plugin?

'Cause I found the weirdest bug while debugging javascript.

JSON/objects have strings for keys. Always.
The Variables view however, when used in conjunction with the V8
debugger, parses some keys as integers (like an array) and others as
strings (like it should).

This causes certain combinations of keys to crash the Variables panel,
displaying "Failed to read variables."

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12159854/v8-debugger-in-eclipse-logic-or-weirdest-bug-ever

I am beginning to think Eclipse might have something to do with that
panel, because internally (V8) the objects work fine, and it's the
same engine as the debugger itself.

Back to the top