Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT

Hi John,

see comments intermixed

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM, John Peberdy <john@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> VJET looks very interesting.
>
> VJET includes an object system library, VJO. Are types defined using
> this library available to content assist?

Yes types defined are all available to content assist. There are typed
object literals, functions, classes, enum, mixins, interfaces, etc.

Behind the scenes they populate the JstType object. You can see what
the model looks behind the scenes using the ScriptUnit view.

Are they available through
> special handling of the calls to VJO functions, or does VJETDoc
> support defining these structures with tags?

I am not exactly sure what you mean by support the structures with
tags? Are you referring to jsdoc annotations such as @class?

 If I understand correctly
> VJET does not execute code to provide content assist for these
> objects, right?

Yes this is correct. We use type libraries to provide rich code
assist. VJET also does infrencing and provides good assist when the
type is known and when the type is not known it will degrade to Object
which is treated as a dynamic object.  The types can be created by
executing the JS code and creating the initial type library such as
identifying the global vars, types, prototype (methods, properties).
The challenge is for how the runtime can provide correct assist and
support correct semantics such as variant type, variable arguments or
mixed types. Variant type means that a method/function can take more
than one type and mixed types means that the resulting type would be a
mixture of the input.