[wtp-dev] Modify files before publish (operationExtension)

Hello,

I need to perform the following : before a dynamic web project is published, change some files in the workspace for that project and include that modified files during publishing.

My first try was to use this extension point  org.eclipse.wst.server.core.publishTasks, but the modified resource was not included during publishing (the resource was modified but a cached  version was published).

So I thought I will be clever and do the stuff before publishing(with the help of a pre operation class) :

<extension id="MyOperationExtensionPoint" point="org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.OperationExtension">

     <operationExtension id="org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.internal.deploy. J2EEDeployOperation"

                         preOperationClass="mycompany.PrePublishOperation">

     </operationExtension>

</extension>

To me it seems that “org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.internal.deploy. J2EEDeployOperation” is not a valid operation id(its sounds perfect to me), because my pre operation class is not called.

I tried with “org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.internal.archive.operations.JavaEEComponentExportOperation” and exporting the war , I saw that  my pre operation class was called.

I am really stuck and can’t find any operation id where I could define my pre operation on.

Can you help me and point me a place where I can start digging or show me an alternative?

Thank you very much,

Holger

Ions_FINAL_380w

Holger Prause * Development * SunGard * Infinity

Schillerstr. 3, 10625 Berlin, Germany

Tel +49 69 70768 488 * Fax +49 69 70768 599

holger.prause@xxxxxxxxxxx * http://www.sungard.com/infinity

Join SunGard's customers, partners and industry experts at www.sungard.com/ten to discuss how the need for more Transparency, Efficiency and Networks is changing our industry and to register for a city day event near you.
VIENNA HOUSTON FRANKFURT BEIJING
HONG KONG NEW YORK LONDON SEOUL ZURICH MUMBAI JOHANNESBURG DUBAI SAO PAULO

cid:image002.png@01CBE9F9.6B995310

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

SunGard Systeme GmbH * Registered: Frankfurt am Main, Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56839 * Geschäftsführer: Harold Finders, Richard J. Obetz, Victoria E. Silbey

Back to the top