Re: [wtp-dev] "java indexing" thread causes high cpu load after build

Hi Nicolas,

thank you for your answer.
Filtering some files because of some rules (e.g. derived state) would be very cool.
Should I log an enhancement request?

Btw: I locally changed the WTP sources to not consider derived ressources using the PDE. How can I create a patched plugin/feature patch to make these changes persistent and to share them with my colleagues?

Best regards,
Patric

Quoting NICHOLAS SANDONATO <nsandona@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Patric,

This indexing of JSPs is so that Java references in them can be used for
search and refactoring.  Right now, there is no way to disable this
indexing as it potentially removes a lot of functionality.  The preference
to include JSP matches in Java searches pertains only to the reporting in
the view and not to the actual indexing of these files.  We would likely
be able to enhance the indexer to ignore particular files based on some
rules like if it's derived.