From: Angel Vera [mailto:arvera@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:08 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Cc: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] WTP API documentation/tutorial

Troy,

There is some information about RoS here: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/components/server/runOnServer.html, it might not be a complete set of what you are looking for, but is a good place to start.

Other API information for extensions points is provided through the eclipse infocenter at: http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?nav=/36_5

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
WTP Committer for Server Tools
E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 905-413-5919
-----
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

Inactive hide details for "Troy Self" ---03/10/2011 02:03:33 PM---Hello, Is there any documentation for folks developing plugin"Troy Self" ---03/10/2011 02:03:33 PM---Hello, Is there any documentation for folks developing plugins that make use of the

"Troy Self" <tself@xxxxxxx>

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

03/10/2011 02:03 PM

[wtp-dev] WTP API documentation/tutorial

Sent by:

wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Is there any documentation for folks developing plugins that make use of the
WTP architecture? So far, I am restricted to walking through the J2EE plugin
source in an attempt to decipher what it does and why it does it.

I am trying to implement 'Run on Server' for my custom project type so that
it can deploy to web containers (e.g. Tomcat). It appears to require
knowledge of VirtualResources, Components and IModules. I cannot seem to
find effective documentation on what these are and how to use them. Any
pointers are appreciated. Even 'RTFM' is appreciated if you can tell me
where the 'M' is.

Thank you,

-- tBs