From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/24/2011 02:30 PM
Subject: [wtp-dev] Status of WSDL and XSD editor development
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Keith and Valentine:

I have a quick question and some concerns about the progress of WTP XSD
and WSDL editor development and bug fixes for 3.3, and am wondering if
there is anything I can do to help.

I did a query against bugzilla and found the following bugs have been
fixed or closed:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=WebTools;query_format=advanced;bug_status=RESOLVED;bug_status=VERIFIED;bug_status=CLOSED;component=wst.wsdl;component=wst.wsi;component=wst.xsd;target_milestone=3.3;target_milestone=3.3%20M1;target_milestone=3.3%20M2;target_milestone=3.3%20M3;target_milestone=3.3%20M4;target_milestone=3.3%20M5;target_milestone=3.3%20M6;target_milestone=3.3%20M7;targ! et_milestone=3.3%20RC1;target_milestone=3.3%20RC2;target_milestone=3.3%20RC3;product=WTP%20Source%20Editing;product=WTP%20Webservices

However, there still seems to be several out there that could be
addressed.   I've been working on the Turmeric open source project
lately at ebayopensource.org, and it's an adopter around both the WSDL
and XSD editor.   Is the lack of bug fixes due to lack of resources?
time? or lack of response by the people submitting the bugs?

I'm willing to help out and see if I can address some of the issues
since I'll need some fixes and enhancements in the coming months.   I'm
encouraging the committers to file bugs and more importantly file
patches and junits along with them.

Any thoughts or suggestions?   We could raise some of them as HotBugs
but I'd rather see if we can get these editors some attention to address
some of the outstanding issues already filed.

Dave