Re: [wtp-dev] Do we need to prepare for Ant 1.8.2 in Indigo?

> I have not looked into this issue in detail ... but, seeing some
> recent mailing lists posts reminded me, to remind you, to
> investigate or watch this issue about Ant 1.8.2.
>
> The platform team is considering moving to Ant 1.8.2 in Indigo M6.

The platform has been updated to consume Ant 1.8.2 as of 2/8/2011, although I would recommend using the I-build from 2/15/2011 as there was an issue found with the Ant editor (bug 336936)

> Hopefully no negative implications ... maybe some positive
> results!? My intuition is we use ant in a very "normal" way such
> that it would all be transparent ... but, teams (or adopters) may
> want to reserve a little extra testing effort during the next
> milestone, to test with Ant 1.8.2 in the stack (and/or, monitor the
> Platform's progress (bug 302296) ... maybe they will decide not to do it?)

For any problems (performance or otherwise) with Platform Ant support, please open a new bug (Eclipse => Product: Platform, Component: Ant)

Thanks
Michael Rennie

Back to the top