[wtp-dev] execute .sh files within eclipse

Title: execute .sh files within eclipse

I have just moved from a windows 7 to a linux redhat 6 environment.  In windows from within eclipse I could double click on a bat file and it would execute.  From linux if I double click on an executable .sh file it opens in gedit.  What do I have to do so that when I click on any .sh file it will execute?

As a note.  In windows if I edit a .bat file then when I click on it the file opens in an editor.  So then I have to right click on the bat file and select default editor.  I have tried that with .sh files.

Lance Campbell
Software Architect/Project Manager/DBA
Web Services at Public Affairs
217.333.0382