[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [wtp-dev] Git limitation? "Cannot push changes that were not committed by you"
- From: Gabriel Petrovay <gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:08:14 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=xb/6itutY5KCiaRpetfChi8Kv+0xijsjpRTroKckEpo=; b=XJzSp1zNZsf6vJ5a3A0e9SSPD77T00UVkTLaWP3wJlfXYEBdALEnUrliwbMPkPprwp l05up9bDO6abLmhNEIr+tUflOGKBnM6XGsit7fIgejt78xFqE/b+WlXjFBy002ZJ2Iq1 lQHcK4gUviudhYXbWzV4hdjorZD274aT1o4UQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=tMyNbBk6cE0ukhhjAWbvBsa758AZavqWK/9+S9+acRHyfH6ubh1qiAedgxoy+f41vT KnY4j8YPAXAt9XbuixhYojRELAraw42+XdNUvRlOmGwHSEd3ggpDZE5Jzb/UUPyDZAel 7xTdW6x0kERuM7AYZgJM1Duc0X1bh9M13GoHA=
I have added https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=324768 for
this explaining the matter and requesting a softening of the push
Let's see what others say.
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy)
> Indeed, this is an imposed limitation. Please see
> for more information.
> On 09/08/2010 09:10 AM, Gabriel Petrovay wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>> We have a problem with a sequences of commits that we cannot push to
>> Eclipse Git.
>> William (wcandillon@xxxxxxxxx) implemented something and committed on
>> his machine. I (gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx) wanted to review the changes.
>> So I connected to his cloned repository, and merged his changes into
>> one branch in my repo. I also committed some bug fixes on my machine.
>> No I want to push the changes to Eclipse and I get:
>> remote: error: git.eclipse.org does not know this committer,
>> remote: or this is not you: wcandillon@xxxxxxxxxx
>> remote: denied: You (gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx) cannot push changes that
>> were not committed by you. Please fix your repository, and see http://
>> wiki.eclipse.org/Git for information on configuring your Git environment.
>> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/xquery-dev
>> ! [remote rejected] xquery-dev -> xquery-dev (hook declined)
>> error: failed to push some refs to
>> Why am I now allowed to push his changes as well? If this is an
>> imposed limitation, I think this is wrong. Our only solution would be
>> then for William to push his changes (assume they will break the
>> build) and then I pull and push my bug fixes. So we are forced to
>> break the builds.
>> Am I missing something?
MSc Gabriel Petrovay