Valentin Baciu
WTP XML Web Services Tools

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=174036&start=0&S=fb41099d99261d649ab5660e53930375

Inactive hide details for "Simeonov, Emil" ---08/03/2010 05:21:06 AM---Hi Keith, First of all thank you for your interest in ou"Simeonov, Emil" ---08/03/2010 05:21:06 AM---Hi Keith, First of all thank you for your interest in our proposal!

From: "Simeonov, Emil" <emil.simeonov@xxxxxxx>
To: Keith Chong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: "wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/03/2010 05:21 AM
Subject: RE: [wtp-dev] Service Interface & Data Types Editor Contribution Proposal
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Keith,

First of all thank you for your interest in our proposal!

Indeed we have thoroughly evaluated the WTP WSDL and XSD editors (as well as the Netbeans ones and some more) in respect to different functional and non-functional aspects numerous times.

I would like to emphasize on the fact that the WTP and the proposed editors are NOT competing in any way and they could be used when appropriately, since all of the editors work with standard artifacts (*.xsd and *.wsdl files). Hence once the usage of the existing WTP editors is necessary one could always switch to them and vice versa.

Yet we also have quite a lot of stakeholders’ feedback regarding what they need, which we have taken into consideration before going for the design and development of brand new WSDL and XML Schema editors.

A short summary of our findings as an extract from the latest comparison with the WTP editors could be found below.

WTP WSDL 1.1 & Service Interface editors

Development Productivity
The editor/outline view/properties arrangement is typical of most Eclipse based graphical editors.
</vb>
Functional Completeness

WTP XML Schema & Data Types editors

Development Productivity

Functional Completeness

Please, let me know in case you would need further information.

Kind regards,
Emil Simeonov

Emil Simeonov
Development Architect