[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [wtp-dev][SSE] Annotation underline won't refresh

I created the bug #323024

See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=323024

Lionel


wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/18/2010 07:54:14 AM:

> From:

>
> Lionel Villard/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

>
> To:

>
> "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-
> dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>
> Date:

>
> 08/18/2010 07:54 AM

>
> Subject:

>
> Re: [wtp-dev][SSE] Annotation underline won't refresh

>
> Hi Nitin,
>
> the culprit is indeed line 125. However, I would propose another
> since annotations can be attached to whitespace on the last text
> region. I suppose the correct fix is to generate separate style
> ranges for white space.
>
> Anyway, I will open a bug report later on during the day.
>
> thanks
> Lionel
>
>
> [image removed] Nitin Dahyabhai---08/17/2010 10:15:27 PM---I don't
> think there's a bug report for this. One detailing your findings
> would be appreciated, alt

>
> From:

>
> Nitin Dahyabhai/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

>
> To:

>
> "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-
> dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>
> Date:

>
> 08/17/2010 10:15 PM

>
> Subject:

>
> Re: [wtp-dev][SSE] Annotation underline won't refresh

>
>
>
> I don't think there's a bug report for this. One detailing your
> findings would be appreciated, although it's probably line 125
> that's the culprit. That use of #getTextLength() was intended to
> avoid issues painting the background style for trailing whitespace
> on the last text region of a document region--the whitespace often
> ran far longer than a user expected. The correct fix will probably
> have to incorporate use of the ITextRegion's index within its owning
> ITextRegionCollection's ITextRegionList.
>
> Regards,
> ---
> Nitin Dahyabhai
> Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT
> IBM Rational_______________________________________________
> wtp-dev mailing list
> wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/wtp-dev
> _______________________________________________
> wtp-dev mailing list
> wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/wtp-dev