[wtp-dev] Announcing Intent for API removal of org.eclipse.wst.server.core.installableRuntimes

Back in In 3.1 we introduced org.eclipse.wst.server.discovery, which was intended to replace function provided by the extension point: org.eclipse.wst.server.core.installableRuntimes. The .installableRuntimes extension point it is now out of date and has not had any relevant updates since 2008.

In WTP 3.3 we are marking the old extension point as deprecated together with its classes, and methods, but nothing will be removed in this release. We intent to remove all deprecated code two years from now, following the proper WTP/Eclipse guidelines.

This affects adopters:
- if you adopt extension point: org.eclipse.wst.server.core.installableRuntimes
- if your code uses or refer to the following classes:
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.InstallableRuntime
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.IInstallableRuntime
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.InstallableRuntime2

- if your code makes references to the following methods:
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPlugin.findInstallableRuntime(String)
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPlugin.getInstallableRuntimes()

Bugzilla# 322418, will be use to track the progress of this removal. If you have any comments or concerns please provide a comment in the bugzilla.

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
Server Tools Developer
E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 905-413-5919
-----
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

Back to the top