Re: [wtp-dev] JSP debugging

Andrew,
Most of the trickier parts of JSP debugging support are handled in JDT
using the SMAP section of the .class files according to JSR045; I expect
it would also apply to GSPs.

The editor's role in debugging within Eclipse involves providing a
mechanism to set and edit breakpoints and showing the current line
indicator.  For adding and removing breakpoints, we use our
org.eclipse.jst.jsp.ui.internal.breakpointproviders.JavaStratumBreakpointProvider
class.  The org.eclipse.jdt.ui.examples.javafamily project in the Eclipse
CVS repository also has an example for that.  For editing breakpoints, the
org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.debug.EditBreakpointAction class should
work as-is.  The current line indicator should paint automatically if
you're not doing anything unusual for your syntax coloring.

Regards,
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT