Re: [wtp-dev] subversion

On 5/24/2010 10:58 AM, Cameron Bateman wrote:
Hey David,

Sorry to continue this further OT, but I was under the impression that GIT was being considered more as an "alternative" repo for projects that favour speed over other things.  I have long hoped that WTP in particular would move to a more "modern" repo like subversion that supports transactional model.

Thanks,

Cameron

If you mean recording changes for multiple files as a single unit that can be replayed for smoother merges later on, Git does that.  It also has, in eGit, a promising client implementation in Java for Eclipse.  And, as you already know, it's ridiculously fast.

Regards,
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT