From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 03/31/2010 09:12 PM
Subject: [wtp-dev] Who needs javax.servlet.jsp 2.1?
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone?

If so, there's a few issues to work out and test, etc.

1. The bundle in orbit was "split up" from what 2.0 used to be. So to "get it all" we'll need to get several new bundles.

For details, see

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/orbit-dev/msg01739.html

I'll need you experts (Nitin?, Raghu?) to tell me what you need (all? none?)

2. Currently we get javax.servlet.jsp  "for free" from the platform, and do not reship it, per se. I do not think the platform plans to move up to 2.1, so we'd have to reship.
So, we've have to figure out which feature should include it ... jsp? jsf? both?

3.  more/new CQs should be open to be sure we document all uses of all related bundles.

4. I think some of our bundles use "require bundle" and some "import package". We should all "import package", I believe.

I don't think we can change anything this week, but I'll soon promoted an Orbit I-build, so developers can get the bundles to experiment/test if that helps with any of the above decisions.