[wtp-dev] Bug 306757 - ModelManagerImpl is highly susceptible to deadlock

One of the things I recall discussing with JSF committers at EclipseCon
had to do with a timeout on the wait() call that's used to synchronize
(and avoid duplicated effort during) model oads--it normally had no
timeout and we'd added the ability to set one into 3.1.x.  We'd actually
only put it in that controllable timeout for WTP 3.1.x, planning to have a
better aolution for 3.2.  Well, that solution is finally upon us in the
form of bug 306757 and the changes to the Jobs system of which it makes
use. After quite a bit of review, it's been dropped into the build.  I
wanted to give the JSF team (and anyone else making use of that settable
timeout) a very visible request to keep a lookout for any new issues that
might come up as a result of this change.  This should eliminate the need
for a controllable wait() timeout, but as always we'd appreciate you
letting us know if you run into more problems as a result of this change.

Thanks.
--
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing (and JSDT, too)

Back to the top