Cheers,
Valentin Baciu
Rational XML Web Services Tools

Inactive hide details for David Durham ---02/04/2010 11:21:33 AM---Hi all, I posted this on the newsgroup and didn't get a respDavid Durham ---02/04/2010 11:21:33 AM---Hi all, I posted this on the newsgroup and didn't get a response. I'm

From: David Durham <david.durham.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/04/2010 11:21 AM
Subject: [wtp-dev] Embedded servers should use the XML Catalog user entries
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I posted this on the newsgroup and didn't get a response.  I'm
thinking the problem is a bug, and I'll file a bug report, unless
someone has a good reason why I shouldn't.

Bug details below.

I'm extending spring with a namespace. The way that works is you
provide a schema xsd file in your jar and hook into spring xml
processing for schema validation and such.

In eclipse, the schema is expected to be available at a given
location. For instance:

<beans xmlns="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
xmlns:ws="
http://mywork/namespace
xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5 .xsd
http://mywork/namespace
http://mywork/namespace.xsd
">

So everything works if I actually have an xsd at 'http://mywork/namespace.xsd'

I can add an entry in the eclipse XML catalog so that the XML editor
works. However, when I launch a webapp with an embedded WTP tomcat
instance, I see this error:

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The
matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for
element 'myelement'

This is the same error the editor was giving before I added the user
entry to xml catalogs. So, does WTP use those entries as well? It
would appear not. Anyone seen this and have a solution?