Re: [wtp-dev] connecting wtp with tomcat in eclipse on mac

Hi Deksa,

Typically you would go to the Servers view, and try to create a server using the context menu. At this point you should see the 'New Server' creation wizard, which should show all the server adapters that eclipse provides, within a folder you named 'Apache' you should see the different versions of Tomcat that you can use to connect Tomcat with WTP. Do you this the Apache folder, do you the Tomcat versions?

Please make a post on the newsgroup and let's continue this conversation in there. I would be interested to know if there is any exception in the .log that suggests that an error has occured. Also what are the steps that you are following to get Tomcat 5.5.28 to work with WTP/Eclipse?

Thank you

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
Server Tools Developer
E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 905-413-5919
-----
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

Inactive hide details for Despot Jakimovski ---01/26/2010 05:03:45 AM---Hi all, as the subject suggests, I tried to launch a seDespot Jakimovski ---01/26/2010 05:03:45 AM---Hi all, as the subject suggests, I tried to launch a server project but I cannot find a Apache Tomca

Despot Jakimovski <deksa13jakim@xxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/26/2010 05:03 AM

[wtp-dev] connecting wtp with tomcat in eclipse on mac

Sent by:

wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

as the subject suggests, I tried to launch a server project but I cannot find a Apache Tomcat server runtime environment. I have eclipse 3.5.1, the newest WTP, I installed Tomcat 5.5.28 and I tried it on it's own and it is working, but I cannot get it working with the WTP/Eclipse. Can you please help me? I became very desperate since I am looking for a long time on the web and I can't seem to fix the problem. I really don't know what is missing?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Kind Regards,
Deksa