Cheers,
Valentin Baciu
Rational XML Web Services Tools

Inactive hide details for Jesper Møller ---01/25/2010 04:08:57 PM---Hi list On 25/01/2010, at 19.14, Nitin Dahyabhai wrote:Jesper Møller ---01/25/2010 04:08:57 PM---Hi list On 25/01/2010, at 19.14, Nitin Dahyabhai wrote:

From: Jesper Møller <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/25/2010 04:08 PM
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Please ready M5's New and Noteworthy by status call on 28th
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi list

On 25/01/2010, at 19.14, Nitin Dahyabhai wrote:

> It's time, once again, to put together the New and Noteworthy for our latest milestone.

I've been working on several XML Catalog related fixes and enhancements in order to provide a notably better support for working with large schema collections, and working disconnected.
I'd like to ask anyone who knows XML catalogs for help in reviewing and testing the patches (since I'm not a committer on the xml and xsd components).

The patches in question are:
- Bug 273402: Add full XML Catalog UI support in Preferences
- Bug 288919: Next catalog Select file dialog does not show *.xml files
- Bug 27196: XSD hyperlink can only open platform://resource URIs
- Bug 300619: External DTD subsets / schemas are attempted loaded for catalogs

If there is interest in using the patches for 3.2, I'll add a number of smoke test scenarios for XML catalog support, it that's helpful.

I will be working on improving the XML Catalog support even further by improving resolvability of catalogs themselves, error reporting related to external entities, polishing the user interface, and adding more JUnit tests.

-Jesper