Re: [wtp-dev] Failing build

Tough one to track down. Well, I'm still guessing a little, but I think its related to JUnit 3 vs. 4, maybe complicated by the fact you are still running (mostly) with Galileo pre-reqs.

But, to guess ... I notice you added back "tight" ranges for JUnit pre-req, e.g.
org.junit;bundle-version="[3.8.2,4.0.0)",  instead of the open ended range as it recommended now (and, as I'd changed a month ago)
org.junit;bundle-version="3.8.0"

But, in the test feature, you pre-req the general, 0.0.0 form. So, at build time, that finds and fills in JUnit 4.7.
       <plugin$
               id="org.junit"
               version="4.7.0.v20091118-1515"/>

So, when the tests go to run, the test feature says to use JUnit 4.7, but the plugin says it needs less that 4.0 .. hence, bundle doesn't load, since JUnit 3.8 is not "installed" (even if it might be there in the directory of plugins).

Its probably working in your "manual" export case, because the feature is picking up only JUnit 3.8?

So, do one or both of following, 1) remove the junit "include" from your test feature. [If you do really want to package it up in your feature, for some reason, you'll need to make it specific to 3.8, given test bundle's pre-req. 3.8
To get pde build to pick up something other than "the hightest" bundle, when there are more than one in map files, you need so specify everything except the qualifier, not just 0.0.0. Namely,
       <plugin
               id="org.junit"
               version="3.8.2.qualifier"/>
But, I'd simply remove it, unless you have reason not to.

and 2) put the range back to only "3.8" in your test bundle, and make it so it can run with either 3.8 or 4.7. (I do think you should do both, btw, even if technically doing either one might get your tests to run).

HTH,

P.S. Normally, a question such as this one would go to wtp-releng list. Also, opening a bug often helps, then I could have commented there, and people that are interested can follow, and it provides a long term record, and (still) allows an on-going discussion, in the event my guess above is incorrect.

P.S.S I just read Dave's reply, before hitting 'send', and would just comment that with our WTP builds pre-reqing main features inside of test feature is not required, and normally not done. Not sure of all pros and cons, but shouldn't hurt much to do it that way in WTP. Each test package then becomes specific to exactly that one main build. That might cause an overabundance of not-very required "test feature changes". That is, the test features version qualifier suffix would change, even though the tests themselves didn't change.  But until we get real smooth about using repositories, that won't matter much.