[wtp-dev] Re: extending the XML editor

OK, I found the documentation on creating my own content types here:
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/runtime_content.htm

So any thoughts about adding a new page to the XML editor?

Thanks in advance.

2009/11/14 Christopher Brind <brindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

Having Googled the web and mail archives I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction of some documentation or articles on how to extend the XML editor.

I can see that the editor has two pages, Design and Source.  I'd like to add a third page which renders the XML in a particular way (for those who are interested, in order to render an Apache Pivot layout).

Also, is it possible to have my plug-in programatically add the extension to the list of those that the XML editor can handle?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chris

Back to the top