[wtp-dev] Extending WTP ?

Hi,

We are developping a product which can be customized using eclipse. In order to ease the customisation we would like to introduce WTP to start/stop/debug/publish to the server. Our product can be run on several platform (mainly WebLogic and WebSphere) and we have an installation process which install our product on those servers.

I've seen we can define a generic server with Ant scripts to start/stop the server as well as to deploy modifications to the server. However I'm wondering if running ant (in a new jvm?) each time a ressource is modified is fast enough ? And if extending WTP with our new server is a hard work ? (we have good eclipse plugin developpment skills). In other word, is the effort to develop a new server affordable only to server vendors/open source community ?

One other question related to how WTP is organised. In our case, the ear and war doesn't change much. The pages are created in spearate java project. Therefore in many case it doesn't make sens to have the ear and the web projects in the workspace. Does WTP support this or will we be forced to have those project in the workspace ?

Thanks,

Yann

• This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
• Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
this email is strictly forbidden.
• Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
• An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
• If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.

Back to the top