Re: [wtp-dev] WTP 3.2 Release ... and PsychoPath XPath 2.0 processor

Thanks, David.

I guess in some ways it's time to talk about the XML Development Tools sub-project creation.

There is some very interesting developments that should be coming WTP's way in the next week or so for the WTP incubator regards to XML Development.

I would see initial components/projects within the XML Development tools project as being:

DTD
XML (Editor/Validation)
XML Catalogs
XSL
XPath 2
XPath

With incubator components/projects from WTP Incubator eventually migrating to there as well:

XML Security
RelaxNG
XQuery
VEX

If we formed this sub project it might allow for something easier to be done with some of these components. Most of the component names should be able to stay the same and package names, just where they are stored would change and how they are released.

Initial Committers:
WTP Source Editing Team
WTP Validation

Dave

David M Williams wrote:
Thanks Dave and Mukul for letting us know. My personal apologies for not talking to you first-hand about this before the announcement. But, given the talks with everyone else, we (the PMC) knew the decision about WTP as a whole would not change based on the few committers we had not talked to yet, and I felt it urgent to get this information out as soon as possible. As far as what to do about your case. There is no provision in Eclipse to "release one jar". Only (sub) projects release. If it was just a matter of "lining up" with Xerces, I'd say a milestone build might suffice. It could only be presented "for early testing" (not product-ready use) but, it could provide a nice mechanism to get good, "real life" feedback before an official product-ready release. But, you also mention "adopter" and here at Eclipse, adopters rule ... well, second to committers :) ... so if in fact an adopter needs a released version of that one jar, we should talk more, and discuss options with the Source Editing sub-project. I can imagine there's several options, and its just a matter of finding one that is easy that still meets needs. Again, greatest apologies for not talking to you before the announcement. Lets talk again once you are ready. Thanks again,